Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Doing my part to boost durable goods orders

I don't know about consumer confidence but I'm personally confident that my 15 year old almond-colored refrigerator and the white stove that came with the house won't be sharing the kitchen with my new black cabinets.

Nothing better than a 3-day weekend for appliance shopping. And so, stimulus check clenched in my greedy little fist, shop I did. Stainless steel gas range, stainless steel range hood, black dishwasher and black refrigerator are on their way. I'm not sure I want to see the fridge hauled up the 17 steps. Might be amusing. Might be horrible. I hope the event doesn't become fodder for a clip show devoted to funny videos.

While I was shopping, K spent the weekend finishing the painting. All the interior painting is now complete.


The back wall behind the stairs is now tasty Hubbard Squash, to tie in with the wall space above the fireplace.



I like this little test patch in the kitchen. It looks like a little hut.



After the first coat, the test patch is still visible. The 2nd coat took care of it.
Cabinets will go over the while areas.



I took this just because I liked the image. I'll call it Deck Chairs with Shop Vac. Maybe I like it because it reminds me that one day, we'll rest.



Now that the violet (Mythical) is up on the two rooms of the kitchen, the color choice isn't as scary as it once was. I'd hate to have to tell K that he would have to re-paint because I'd made a horrible error in judgement. I know you can't tell this just from the pictures. You'll have to trust me. It'll be great with the black. And it's only two walls.

This picture looks like the kitchen of some crazy old hippie couple. Which we're not. I must wear shoes at all times.

I've done my part. What have you done lately for the economy? Remember, don't fear fear itself. Live with confidence. Go forth and spend.

2 comments:

W.Williams said...

Gotta love the Hubbard Squash, I used it on the living room walls and the dining room ceiling.

Good luck with those 17 steps I only had 8 and that was about 7 too many.

Why S? said...

I'm happy to report that the 17 steps did not cause a problem.

Must be due to your good luck wishes, W!