Sunday, July 27, 2008

Top 5 Totally Uncool Things About My 'hood - #3 in a series

Who was stealing our papers?

Was it this guy?



I say “was” because we finally decided to just cancel our weekend delivery. I was fed up with the thievery and tired of waiting the 30 to 60 minutes it took to get a replacement. Plus I simply didn’t care to support that loser’s Sunday reading.

K and I relished weekend mornings on our front porch, reading the paper and keeping an eye on the parade of pedestrian traffic from atop our hilly perch – procrastinating work on the house.

Why didn’t the thief just steal a paper from Starbucks? There are always a couple of papers lying around there. He wouldn’t even have to buy a cup of coffee. The Starbucks is inside a Laundromat. He could just pretend he was waiting for his laundry.

When I canceled our home delivery, I theorized that I would just walk around the corner and buy a paper; but that plan never happened. Instead, we just live in ignorance. And maybe get more done on the house.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Okay, that is just about the funniest thing I've ever seen. And I thought it was real- meaning YOU filmed it until I read on.

Why S? said...

No, I didn't film it but I wish that I had. It's a classic. And I wish that he had been the real thief. I'd feel a lot better about the situation.

Thanks for visiting.

Sandy said...

I think that's the cutest thief I've ever seen! LOL