Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bronchitis Update

Thank you to everyone for your wishes for my recovery. Though you can still call me Coughy McPhlegmmy and I still tire easily I am feeling much, much better and was even able to work almost full days last week. And speaking of work, here's something weird. The office next to mine was discovered to have been infested with mold. Who knows how long the mold has been there or how it started but once it was discovered I was immediately relocated to an office on another floor. If the mold had actually been in my office? Would that be grounds for freaking out now?

The humidifier has been a great help and even the cat seems to like it. She seems calmed by it. And just let me say it before you do. I realize that people with chronic respiratory problems and allergies should not allow a cat on the bed but she's the boss so what am I going to do? If I lock her out, she'll just stand at the door all night, whining and crying and there'll be no sleeping, my immune system will be compromised from exhaustion and we'll be back where we started.

It is part of their evil plan for world domination.

I'm just happy to feel better.

3 comments:

NV said...

Glad you're feeling better. I think I'd check into that mold thing a little more. Your illness may be more a case of a sick building! And that's serious.

Jennifer said...

Ooo, yuck. My husband ended up in the hospital in high school due to bronchitis brought on by mold allergy. Glad you are feeling a little better!

Why S? said...

Thanks, NV and Jennifer. For the record, I'm not saying there's a connection. I'm just reporting the events.