Saturday, March 14, 2009

For the Studious Cow Collector

For anyone with an interest in learning more about cow creamers, I'd like to share of couple of resources I've discovered. The first is about the donation of 250 creamers to Taylor University in Upland, Indiana. It's called the Rice Cow Creamer Collection. Check it out.

Another great resource I just found is a website called
Craig’s Cow Creamers. According to Craig, he has over a thousand beauties! That really is a lot of Quake Hold!

Thinking I might visit the Rice collection, I once asked K if he thought I would ever have occasion to visit Indiana. He said "no." Just like that. A flat "no." He's probably right. It's a long way to travel to visit cow creamers and no offense to Indiana but . . . I don't see that vacation in my future.

6 comments:

Just A Girl And Her Craftsman Bungalow said...

Love the cow collection. I never knew that Id be going to Asheville North Carolina-- but now that I know they do that big Craftsman/ Arts & Crafts/ Bungalow/ Stickley show every year-- I've gotta go some time. (can't remember what that event is called but I'm sure you know it.)

Bonnie Story said...

I drove through Indiana (in a 28-foot U-Haul, but that's another story...) I found South Bend to be a great town! There is an awesome automobile museum there. I has an auto detailing business at the time so I was really into that. In the thrift store right across the street from the museum I found tons of used collectable car tee-shirts, including one from the inaugural Brickyard 500! So give Indiana a shot. My discount shopping mojo was going even then! ;~} Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Bonnie Story said...

Oops, that would be I "had" a business...

I can "has" cheezburger... (icanhascheezburger.com)

Why S? said...

You're both right. Who knows where future travel might take me? I once spent a President's Day weekend in Lincoln, Neb. so I suppose anything is possible.

NV said...

Did you kill your Lion post?! Just read it in my reader and when I came to comment on it, the site says the page doesn't exist. WTH?

Why S? said...

Sorry, NV. I didn't really kill it. I originally wanted it to post on Wednesday but when I went back to it to make a change, it went live and then I had to take it back. I wondered how that would work. Now I know.

Thanks for checking it and for checking back.