Wednesday, March 18, 2009

An Idea Whose "Time" Has Come

I was just catching up on some blogs that are dedicated to Echo Park and through this one, Chicken Corner I learned about this one, The Echo Park Time Bank and it's companion site, EchoParkTimeBank.com.

It's a simple concept. You put in an hour of service and you get an hour of service.

Why have I never heard of this? Time bartering. This is ideal. I've heard recession survival stories of people trading things like tutoring for house cleaning but I never knew how the parties connected.

Not that I have so much extra time or so many barter-able talents, but I must have something to share. And I really need my house cleaned.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

What a good idea!

Just A Girl And Her Craftsman Bungalow said...

If you want to go to the meeting in April I'll go too! This is right by my house?

Why S? said...

Yes! Let's go!