Saturday, May 24, 2008

More about roaches

Fred at One Project Closer wanted pictures of the demon that invaded our home last week. For some reason, I didn't have the presence of mind to take photographs.

I couldn't find much online that really did justice to the horror of seeing the beast in one's own home. This one is pretty close though:


What I can do, is provide the following disturbing news. From a not-for-the-squeamish blog called What's That Bug - "A decapitated roach is able to live for 7 days without a head and will eventually die of hunger."


I think that's all we need to know for now.



2 comments:

Jenni said...

OMG. That long....eeekkk.

fred said...

That is pretty disgusting. Every summer around here we catch a couple centipedes - something that reminds me of the atari game of my youth, and quite frankly makes me a little ... grossed out. Centipedes are creepy little things, what with all those legs.

yuk!