Monday, September 1, 2008

I'll have mine on the rocks with salt

Tonight was a momentous evening in our House on Red Hill. Now that the new sink is in, the new dishwasher is in and the new garbage disposal is in, I made our first dinner in our new kitchen - guacamole and chips. Well, I didn't make the chips, I just poured them into a bowl. But K made margaritas.

It may not sound like a balanced meal but that's not the point. The point is that I put the rind from the lemon down the garbage disposal - my first garbage disposal since we moved nearly six years ago. AND, and, and . . . as I type, THE DISHWASHER IS WASHING DISHES!

Ladies and gentlemen, I have not lived with a working dishwasher since I went away to college during the Carter Administration. All I can say is, I'm happy that I lived long enough to see the day.

The new stove is not yet installed so I'm not sure when any actual cooking will take place. Until then, there's still a half bag of chips.

5 comments:

Jayne said...

Whoo-hoo! A working dishwasher that's not you! And guacamole and margaritas--yum. As my friend Dave wisely and cleverly said once, "Why is everything good, bad for you and everything bad, good for you?"

modernemama said...

sounds like a perfect meal: fruit, veg, vitamins and a few carbs

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a PERFECT meal to me...

Muskego Jeff said...

A dishwasher is a luxury I can't wait to have again. Congrats!

Heidi Rodeo said...

Congratulations. Sounds like a typical Y and K meal. Easy, veggie and alcy.