Tuesday, September 9, 2008

More Terror than Pity

All the convention watching was distracting. It was a lot like theatre - comedy and tragedy, terror and pity. While it was all going on, I got behind in my life. I also got behind in my blogging and blog reading. I have a lot to catch up on.

While I was distracted, we received the renewal for our homeowner's policy. I hate this time of year. This is one of the things that Suze Orman tells us to budget for, yet I never do. I have to buy appliances, go to the theatre, travel. But this year, more than ever, I know I really have to evaluate all the upgrades and come clean about how much coverage we need. Ugh. So much easier just to write the check and send it off. I really don't want to do a full accounting of all the new stuff. I hate this part of being an adult. I'm really only into adulthood for the drinking and staying up late.

As a new homeowner, one of the first things I learned was that we couldn't get homeowner's insurance to cover us if we owned a pit bull. That surprised me. Pit bulls and Rottweilers are absolutely verboten if you expect liability insurance. Now, I've met some nice pit bulls. My family had a couple of pit bulls when I was a kid. But these days, I don't recommend them. So if you're thinking of choosing a pit bull, any pit bull, for any reason, any reason at all, think again.

Everything you have may be at risk.

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Bwah ha ha ha ha!! LOVED the pit bull reference! Not that I'm suggesting that the pit bull is anything other than a pit bull, but you just might like this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-QevraCQUc

NV said...

Oh, my dear, you are SO right. SO very right. Was just commiserating over this with a colleague.