Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We’re ba-a-a-ck!

Perhaps you’ve noticed that it’s been quiet on The Hill. We’ve been on vacation. Friends who are working in London for a few months invited us to stay for a visit. Who are we to turn down the offer of free accommodations in London?

Unfortunately, I cannot yet regale you with pictures of our trip because photos were taken using an ancient medium called Film. I’m hoping to have pics back soon.

The trip home covered 5,000 + miles in 11 hours. This was followed by a rush-hour drive to Glendale to pick up the cat where she was boarded. That trip covered 27 miles in 2 ½ hours. Yes, yes, yes, it’s good to be home.


* * *


Post script: We returned to find that we have no Internet access in the house, so who knows when I will next post. Good to be home indeed.


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad your back! Good luck with the internet.

Jayne said...

Welcome back!

Green Fairy said...

Film? What's that? Hee hee.

Actually, I still have some undeveloped rolls around here somewhere. :-)

Chris said...

When we returned from three months in London (to Texas in August), we found a dead air conditioning system. I spent more money in the first 48 hours back home than we did all summer. So maybe you're lucky that it was just your internet that was dead. At any rate, I hope it's back very soon!

Why S? said...

Thanks, everyone. Yep, I'm back online and ready to kick up the carpal tunnel again.

Chris, welcome to The Hill. I spent many of my childhood summers in Texas. No place to be without a/c.