Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mosaic

I saw this home featured in today's LA Times. This kind of creativity makes me feel like the artistic cretin my kindergarten teacher saw me as. If there's any justice, Mrs. Chandler is reading this blog from Hell now, but that's another story.

Anyway, the homeowners in the piece are really creative, especially when it comes to tile.



When we first bought our house in 2002, friends gifted me with a mosaic tile workshop. I spent one afternoon working on a tile plaque with our house numbers. I didn't finish it that afternoon and over the past 8 years, haven't managed to complete it yet. Perhaps I've judged the wicked Mrs. Chandler too harshly after all.

In any case, have a look at this slideshow: http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-beserra-byrd-mosaic-photos,0,1063989.photogallery

Stunning.

No comments: