Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Really Quick Update

It's just before 10 on Saturday morning.  I'm sitting here on my back deck.  The fountain is running.  The squirrels are playing.  I'm updating my Facebook and checking out my blogging homies.  Everything is just ducky.

Then what the hell?  The sound of some kind of gas-powered motor.  I run upstairs to look out the back window and it's exactly what I expect to see - some fool two backyards away throwing up dirt and debris with a leaf blower.

I can still hear him as he moves down the street.  Those things are banned in the city of Los Angeles.  But nobody cares.  I care.  But I'm not going to chase him down and wrest it from his hands.

I hate those things.  Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em.

3 comments:

NV said...

I hate them, too. All they are is noisy and a sign of laziness. My neighbor, who cuts the lot we share, threw grass all over the carport for me and at parts along the looooong driveway and then casually said, "I'll get the blower out later."

It's been SO windy, all that does is eventually blow BACK into the driveway if you don't get rid of it. HATE them! HATE them! The one exception: blowing leaves off of rocks to rake them.

Jayne said...

I hate those things too! They're so loud and it seems like just about everyone in my neighborhood has one. I wish they were banned here!

Beatnheart said...

we all hate them..pity the poor guys running them..smelling that gas all day long...i see health problems later on...yikes...and they blow crap all over your car...hate them...!!