Sunday, April 25, 2010

Last Weekend I Took a Long Walk . . .

. . . through Silver Lake on my way to the Silver Lake Farmer's Market.

I took a few pictures along the way, figuring I'd knock out a quick blog post about it. So much for that

Behold, a bunch of pictures.

This front yard has a nice river of colored rock:




 Across the street, they like color:

and hand stencilled details:

and unique, angelic gates:


and sunny faces:


at this big house around the corner:


they have a sense of humor:



and, apparently, small children:

they also like little chairs:





     


then, I came across one of my LA dream houses, The Maltman House:

ok, these pictures don't really do it justice. Check out the link above for a much better idea of the delights this house has to offer.


But many a time I've stopped at this house and peered into those big glass windows.  I love the house but I've often wondered if I could tolerate a bunch of yahoos driving by and looking into my windows. On the other hand, as shown in the link, the views from those windows are amazing.

Tomorrow, my return trip. 

3 comments:

brismod said...

Wow! What interesting homes on your walk. I absolutely love the Maltman House and the people with the signs on their fence sound like they have my kind of humour.

modernemama said...

Love the diversity of homes but the view from the Maltman House has stolen my heart

Why S? said...

It is diverse, isn't it? I'd never taken that path before and I couldn't resist posting about them.

MM - I thought of you while photogging Maltman House. Knew you'd be into it.