Sunday, July 26, 2009

I Saw a Man Shooting Pool in his Front Yard

It was while I was out on a walk tonight. It was about 8:30. I was doing my usual thing as I walked; looking into lit windows; judging choices; thinking about taste and class and the plight of the bobo.

This man had a pool table in his front yard and he was playing by himself. There was a Stones song coming from whatever music making device he had at his side.

The yard was a mess of old outdoor furniture. Much of it was overturned and the cushions were dirty and disarrayed.

I thought to myself, "Dude, why don't you clean up that yard; get rid of some of that junk; do a little landscaping?"

Then the answer came to me - he's shooting pool in his front yard, all alone and listening to the Stones. The last thing he needs is the voice in my head.

4 comments:

Jayne said...

Hahaha! Great post!

NV said...

And what an awesome sight THAT must have been. too funny!

Why S? said...

Thanks. I guess he made thinking outside the box a lifestyle.

Alexa@HomeIdeaResource said...

How random! haha