Thursday, June 7, 2012

Stripping it Down Continues

Throughout the past week, the stripping off of the aluminum siding continued,


I hope that ugly railing on the steps will be the next to go.



The debris continued to pile up.  The yard is also littered big paint flakes. Yuk!

Good thing we're not in Beverly Hills.  They wouldn't like this look so much. 



K and I both agree that even like this, the house already looks better.

This looks like a sad little mouth on the porch.

Not only am I looking forward to seeing the house in its new makeover, I'm looking forward to the new landscaping.  As you see from the above pic, we've put little effort into the plantings immediately in front of the house, knowing it would all be trashed in the current stripdown.

K took all the aluminum to the recyclers today.  It was over 1,000 lbs.  Wow!  It paid for a good chunk of the cost of the workers who pulled it off the house.  I wish there were some way I could know in the future if I were drinking from a Pepsi can that once hung on my house.  That would be something.

In the meantime, my big, bad theater project is well on its way.  I wonder how many other people are driving around LA, memorizing lines with an open script in the passenger seat.




We have every reason to be happy.  Hmmm.

1 comment:

dynochick (Jan) said...

Looking good.

Isn't it nice to take stuff to the scrap yard and have them pay you?

A lot of remodelers would charge a disposal fee to take away the siding and then take it to a scrap yard and get paid AGAIN!