Sunday, August 7, 2011

I’m baaaack


For a while anyway.  I went away.  I did a play. 



It’s done.  It was good.  Doing it made me happy.  For a while anyway.

My house isn’t quite done yet.  We still haven’t replaced the crappy aluminum siding.   The backyard needs redoing. 

There’s some interior stuff that still wants doing. 

For instance, somebody needs to build some doors or something to hide the stuff we store on the shelves on the wall in front of the stairway. 


People really don't need to see where we keep our booze, the cat food, a jar of pennies and the back-up mayonnaise (in the event of a lapse or failure of the first mayonnaise.)  Now that I look at the picture, someone also needs to dab a bit of stain on the end of that stair step.

And somebody needs to complete this tile in the kitchen (site of an unfortunate failure to communicate.)


And then somebody else needs to get started on her next play.

The House on Red Hill is supposed to be a house blog (and a little bit more).  And for seven years I was obsessed with my house.  But when my obsessions change, how does my blog change?

I guess we’ll see.   Qué será, será.

 I hope you keep reading.  But more, I hope I can keep writing.

3 comments:

NV said...

Aw, c'mon. You HAVE to keep writing. My blog started out as just a house blog, too, but then it transitioned into a "life" blog. I figure it's still a house blog in many respects ... the house just happens to be a HUGE part of my life. ;-)

What play did you do? And what one is next?!

brismod said...

Welcome back! I'm finding that my house blog is mutating too. There is only so many 'I'm painting the exterior of the house at the moment' posts one can do, sadly! xx

Why S? said...

Thank you both for your support. I do hope to keep writing but I only have so many hours in the day. On top of acting I was co-producing and I hope to continue doing both.

The play I performed in was titled "The House of Cards." It was originally written to be done by a man but the playwright agreed that it could be performed by a woman.

If you're interested, you can read the full text here: http://www.panix.com/userdirs/meejr/html/house_of_cards.html

It's short. Our production ran only about 45 minutes. It was paired with another short play.

The thing is, I don't really want to turn this into a theater blog, but when doing theater, that's all I can really focus on. It's probably a moot point as I don't know if I'll have time to write about anything at all in a few weeks.

But I really did miss my blog and all my blogger friends. Glad to know you're both still at it.

Take care.

ys