Friday, October 8, 2010

Where Have I Been?

Here.  I've just been here.  But I've been busy- with  classes, with friends, with work.

And I've been fasting for almost a week, so I'm kind of tired, too tired to blog.  Too tired to formulate a coherent thought.  Too tired to stay up until 3 am typing anything that might make sense the next day.

Maybe staying up until 3 am for too many nights is what led to being tired to begin with.  Maybe staying up too late made me gain weight to begin with.  They say sleep deprivation leads to weight gain.

But doctors are always wanting me to get more exercise.  When I say I don't have time, they suggest I find time.  One doctor actually told me that she gets up at 5 am so she can exercise.  Good for her.  I'm sure she leaves the office at 5 pm.  I don't leave work at 5 pm and I sure don't leave my bed at 5 am.  Or not for the joy of exercise, anyway.  Maybe to catch a plane or in the event of an earthquake.  Otherwise, not so much.

And what's the point if getting the exercise just makes me more sleep deprived?

Someone recently said to me that the French get some things right.  They sure do.  I think they get a lot of things right.

So that's where I've been.  Here.  Fasting.  Sleeping.  Walking around in a fog. 

Waiting for something to say.

In case you were wondering.

No comments: